Pinterest Launches Website Verification Feature
On October 25, 2012, Pinterest launched its Website Verification feature allowing users to verify the website linked in their Pinterest profiles. The social site announced this new feature on their blog, informing users that once their site was verified, people will see a checkmark next to their domain in search results, as well as seeing the full Website URL and red checkmark on their profiles.
Additionally, Pinterest stated on their blog that, “We think that your profile is a great place for you to express who you are on Pinterest.” This way, website owners can attach their own identity to their Pinterest account, adding credibility and authority to their profile.
How to Verify Your Website on Pinterest
1) Login to your Pinterest account and go to your account settings: https://pinterest.com/settings/.
Scroll down to ‘Verify Website’ and enter your full Website URL.
- Note that Pinterest only supports top-level domains (TLDs) for this feature.
2) Pinterest will direct you to its Domain Verification Page: https://pinterest.com/domain/verify/ with the following instructions:
- Download the HTML verification file
- Upload the file to your web server
3) Go back to the same verification page (Step 2) and select ‘Click Here’ to complete the process.
Will you be verifying your website on Pinterest? Tell us your thoughts on the comment section below!